Meet Dr. Eric M. Scharf, DDS
Oral Surgeon in San Francisco
Dr. Eric Scharf grew up in Southern California where he graduated from the University of California San Diego, with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology. He received his DDS degree after attending The University of Southern California Dental School, where he met his future wife, Dr. Aynechi. While in dental school, he was a recipient of the Health Professions Scholarship from the United States Air Force. Dr. Scharf and his wife moved to Minneapolis after dental school to begin his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Minnesota. After completion of his residency, Dr. Scharf and his wife moved to San Antonio where he was on staff at Wilford Hall Medical center training oral surgery residents in the United States Air Force. Dr. Scharf and his family returned to California after his time in the Air Force and joined Dr. Duncan in his oral surgery practice.
Dr. Scharf is Board certified in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Scharf also belongs to a number of professional organizations.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Francisco Dental Society
- Diplomate of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesia
- Academy of Osseointegration
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Scharf is happily married to Dr. Aynechi (pedodontist), and a proud father of a 4 year old daughter. He enjoys playing soccer, lifting weights, skiing, and spending time with his family.